Sunday 26 April 2009

Omelette Arnold Bennett


Consider Arnold Bennett.
He's a famous Victorian novelist I'm reliably informed, although I'm not sure I've ever read any of his novels.. I note from Wikipedia that he wrote for Tit-Bits, although I thought that was something else.

I do know of him though.
Whether he cares now how he's remembered, least of all how he's remembered by me we will never know, but if you mention Arnold Bennett to me around about dinner time, I know I'm in for an eggy, fluffy, fishy treat. I have a faint recollection that this recipe was something to do with the Savoy, where novelists back in his day used to go and stay to write their books. Clearly the advances from publishers you could get in the first part of the 20th Century were pretty tasty; either that or the Savoy used to be a lot cheaper.

An Omelette Arnold Bennett has got it all going on, but is really only eggs and some other bits and pieces, so is perfect flow chart fodder. It's presented above in glorious monocolour for your - and especially Yvonne's - delights.
It's especially nice with a light green salad.






No comments:

Post a Comment